Tuesday

Next steps ...

After our Interim Show we are now coming to the end of the research stage of the project and are now entering the concept and modelling stages of the project timeline. The area I am now concentrating on is household recycling and how this is stored and kept with in the home. I am looking at this in terms of my project objective:

“Trying to bridge the gap between design and the community in the respect to recycling, and of how design can help create awareness and change attitudes towards this. Addressing the perceptions people have against recycling and the problems that surface from this, via the use of good design”.

I propose to look at this through creating a product that is inclusively designed to meet the needs and constraints of everyone from wheelchair users and the elderly to the able bodied consumer.

The two main areas I have found that are a problem with consumers are the portability and storage of the containers and also of the recyclable materials. Within my concepts I hope to combine these issues to create a product that will hopefully make the storing and portability of household recycling an easier task to do before it goes out to the kerb side on collection day.

From this I am looking in to modular systems and ways of using un-used areas/spaces of the house mainly the kitchen or the utility room.

No comments: