Tuesday

Key Prototype Finding

From my prototyping phase made many findings with regards to my project. The first of these was made when I was prototyping my pouches. I found that the size and form of the bags was important to how much room they took up behind he door and if I was wanting to solve the problem of storage space I would have to apply the same principles. I also realised that it would be better to have some form of lid on the pouches in order to prevent the recyclable materials from smelling etc.

The second finding was that from my initial strap prototyping and fixings that I may need to include 2 haning points on the pouch instead of one as this not only will allow a more sturdier connection between the straps and the pouches but if it has 2 points of connection it also helps the pouch hold is form without needing to be stabalised or re-inforced in any way. So therefore my final concept will include 3 straps.

Also when prototyping the fixing mechanisms between the pouches and the straps I realised that you ned to have some element of mistakes made in order to find the one that is right. It was a very frustrating and long proces but I got there in the end wth the final design and form of the fixings.

No comments: